Starring some St Marylebone students….
Has some adult content – screened after the watershed..
Try and see one of these **or** an exhibition on your travels. Take photos of art work you like
General collections at
1. Tate Modern https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern
2. Tate Britain https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-britain
3. Wellcome Collection https://wellcomecollection.org/
4. The Sir John Soames Museum https://www.soane.org/
5. Rembrandt at The British Museum https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/rembrandt.aspx
***NB parental guidance required*** for this one:
6. Francis Bacon Gascogian https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gagosianfirstname.lastname@example.org,-0.1499641,16.73z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x4876052c755bdd43:0x3306b85f3eda383c!2sGagosian!8m2!3d51.5111185!4d-0.1466543!3m4!1s0x4876052c755bdd43:0x3306b85f3eda383c!8m2!3d51.5111185!4d-0.1466543
1. OLAFUR ELIASSON at Tate Modern https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/olafur-eliasson
2. Van Gogh at Tate Britain https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-britain/exhibition/ey-exhibition-van-gogh-and-britain
3. Frank Bowling at Tate Britain
4. Cindy Sherman National Portrait Gallery https://www.timeout.com/london/art/cindy-sherman-review-1
5. Faith Ringgold https://www.timeout.com/london/art/faith-ringgold-review
Year 9 students looked at seed pods and made some small pots in response, they were then glazed in two halves, white glaze and Pewter. They look great!
This year 7 class finished their fruits by painting them with 4 different colours of underglaze. They were then coated in a clear glaze and fired. They look fab!
Year 8 have been off timetable today to participate in an all day ceramics workshop. They created challenging large scale and complex pieces. We were very impressed by their craftsmanship, and look forward to seeing them glazed with exciting new colours…
St Marylebone Art department hosted a screen printing workshop as part of our network meetings for art teachers in the borough. It was good to make art together!