Francis is our amazing artist in residence from the RCA program Creative Mentors. She has been running textiles after school clubs for several years and another set of students have just finished their pieces and exhibited at the Tabernacle.
We are delighted that Stephanie has been offered a solo show at the Thompson Gallery in London. This is an incredible achievement. The gallery saw Stephanie’s work in the St Marylebone Gallery space in Blandford Street and connected with her, she had also had one of her paintings selected from 20,000 entries for the RA Young Artists Live Exhibition at the Royal Academy too. Do go and see her work, it is definitely worth the 10 minute walk from school. Well done Stephanie!
Here are some links to some of the opportunities to see some virtual art gallery exhibitions. Nearly all galleries have opened their virtual doors, and this is by no means an exhaustive list, but a starting point for you.
Fiona Grady is a contemporary artist that works with vibrant colour and geometric shapes. She often works with vinyl directly onto glass windows. Today Fiona worked with some Year 7 students, showing them her technique in making vinyl art works.
Two classes of Y7 enjoyed looking at the work of ten screen printing artists on exhibition near school. They heard about the artists’ interest in experimentation, colour and process. Next week, they have an exciting workshop from one of the exhibiting artists.
Thanks for showing us around Bonnie and Daisy
Year 9 visited the Eliasson exhibition at the Tate today, to explore how art can be experienced… I think they particularly loved the fog tunnel and the rainbow room. #tatemodern #olafureliasson
Try and see one of these **or** an exhibition on your travels. Take photos of art work you like
General collections at
1. Tate Modern https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern
2. Tate Britain https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-britain
3. Wellcome Collection https://wellcomecollection.org/
4. The Sir John Soames Museum https://www.soane.org/
5. Rembrandt at The British Museum https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/rembrandt.aspx
***NB parental guidance required*** for this one:
6. Francis Bacon Gascogian https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gagosianfirstname.lastname@example.org,-0.1499641,16.73z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x4876052c755bdd43:0x3306b85f3eda383c!2sGagosian!8m2!3d51.5111185!4d-0.1466543!3m4!1s0x4876052c755bdd43:0x3306b85f3eda383c!8m2!3d51.5111185!4d-0.1466543
1. OLAFUR ELIASSON at Tate Modern https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/olafur-eliasson
2. Van Gogh at Tate Britain https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-britain/exhibition/ey-exhibition-van-gogh-and-britain
3. Frank Bowling at Tate Britain
4. Cindy Sherman National Portrait Gallery https://www.timeout.com/london/art/cindy-sherman-review-1
5. Faith Ringgold https://www.timeout.com/london/art/faith-ringgold-review