Y10 have been playing with materials to look at surface texture. I love these pieces, they could be paintings in their own right….
Year 9 visited the Eliasson exhibition at the Tate today, to explore how art can be experienced… I think they particularly loved the fog tunnel and the rainbow room. #tatemodern #olafureliasson
A new year, a new set of sketchbooks, and year 9 have begun a landscape unit, with an added thoughts of the impact of climate change. These examples of work from their first lesson are fabulous!
Try and see one of these **or** an exhibition on your travels. Take photos of art work you like
General collections at
1. Tate Modern https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern
2. Tate Britain https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-britain
3. Wellcome Collection https://wellcomecollection.org/
4. The Sir John Soames Museum https://www.soane.org/
5. Rembrandt at The British Museum https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/rembrandt.aspx
***NB parental guidance required*** for this one:
6. Francis Bacon Gascogian https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gagosianemail@example.com,-0.1499641,16.73z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x4876052c755bdd43:0x3306b85f3eda383c!2sGagosian!8m2!3d51.5111185!4d-0.1466543!3m4!1s0x4876052c755bdd43:0x3306b85f3eda383c!8m2!3d51.5111185!4d-0.1466543
1. OLAFUR ELIASSON at Tate Modern https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/olafur-eliasson
2. Van Gogh at Tate Britain https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-britain/exhibition/ey-exhibition-van-gogh-and-britain
3. Frank Bowling at Tate Britain
4. Cindy Sherman National Portrait Gallery https://www.timeout.com/london/art/cindy-sherman-review-1
5. Faith Ringgold https://www.timeout.com/london/art/faith-ringgold-review
Year 9 students looked at seed pods and made some small pots in response, they were then glazed in two halves, white glaze and Pewter. They look great!
This year 7 class finished their fruits by painting them with 4 different colours of underglaze. They were then coated in a clear glaze and fired. They look fab!